Explore with Search for Adventure!
Search for Adventure (SFA) is a unique travel program that offers people with disabilities vacation experiences to destinations near and far. Getaways have included hiking the historic Appalachian Trail, experiencing the majesty of the Grand Canyon and riding the range at the Powderhorn Dude Ranch in Colorado. Trips are planned around the interests and preferences of a small group of fellow adventure seekers. The Search for Adventure team supports people to pull together all the travel arrangements, from packing for the trip to transportation and lodging. Each person gets that memorable experience they are after, along with the support and supervision they need to feel safe and secure. Search for Adventure provides people with disabilities opportunities to explore the world outside their door, opening their life to memorable social, cultural and recreational experiences.
Since 2004, 204+ individuals have taken 193 trips to 43 destinations around the US through SFA!
Some of the Places that We've Visited
- Santa Barbara, California
- Cubs Spring Training in Mesa, Arizona
- Disney World, Florida
- Appalachian Trail
- Powderhorn Dude Ranch in Colorado
- Graceland, Memphis, Tennessee
- Portland, Oregon
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Hiking the historic Appalachian Trail
- Kayaking in the Apostle Islands
- New York City
- Disney Cruise in the Bahamas
- Orlando and Port St. Lucie to watch the MLB Grapefruit League Spring Training
- Paisley Park, Chanhassen, Minnesota
- Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
- Branson, Missouri
Search for Adventure is a proud 1% for the Planet Environmental Partner.