Ignite Program QIDP
Location: Norwood Park, Chicago
Benefits Offered: Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Provides support services within the Division of Adult Learning. This includes working in program environments to implement curriculum, assist with activities of daily living and support direct care staff in the implementation of curriculum and documentation of services. Participates in the development of service plans and goals. Coordinates and supervises meaningful integration of individuals into the community.
This position has the responsibility of developing, documenting, and ensuring the delivery of person-centered services that include enriching community life experiences. This position will incorporate community life experiences into the program, using work done by the Community Life Coordinator as a model. The position will report to and collaborate with the Program Development Manager, to ensure that individuals are receiving a full array of services, in conjunction with community integration, that include therapy and medical services, employment services, and a wide range of classroom learning.
- Support the Mission Statement and agency values of Search,
- Demonstrate leadership abilities by working cooperatively with Search colleagues, encouraging teamwork, respecting differing viewpoints, and demonstrating the ability to solve problems creatively from an agency-wide perspective,
- Present yourself in a professional manner as a representative of Search to family members, guardians, community members, and representatives from affiliated agencies,
- Convene the interdisciplinary team for each individual assigned to caseload; initiate, coordinate and monitor the interdisciplinary team process, ensure participation of team members and the program participants,
- Advocate for the rights and services of the program participants,
- Ensure services specified in the service plan are being provided,
- Provide training to direct care staff in proper implementation and documentation of the goals in the service plan,
- Create quarterly Master schedules for Glidepath Curriculum and post to SharePoint,
- Responsible for daily implementation of Glidepath curriculum, in accordance with the posted Curriculum Master Schedules,
- Ensure service plans, assessments, and goal progress are completed according to established time-lines,
- Ensure program participant information is maintained accurately within the Harmony system,
- Maintain compliance with personnel policies as stated in the employee handbook,
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Corporate Compliance policy including the employee work rules and state/federal regulations related to services provided by Search,
- Maintain daily and monthly documentation and recordkeeping on program participants progress on goals established in their service plans,
- Complete incident reports according to policy,
- Follow vehicle safety procedures including completing vehicle maintenance reports as requested,
- Attain 12 continuing education credits annually according to DHS policy for QIDPs,
- Complete other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Interaction with Program Participants
- Demonstrate kindness, courtesy, flexibility, responsiveness and consistency in meeting individual and program needs,
- Assist individuals with activities of daily living and personal self-care such as toileting, eating, grooming, bathing, dressing, etc...
- Ensure that individuals are planning and participating in activities of their choosing in the community, including transporting program participants to activities,
- Ensure that individuals are actively engaged with meaningful activities throughout their program day or evening,
- Incorporate the use of technology into the delivery of the curriculum,
- Demonstrate knowledge of each program participant’s Individual Service Plan and the goals established for the current period,
- Assist program participants with working on individual goals as established in their service plans,
- Ensure that there are daily efforts to assist individuals with learning skills needed for greater independence,
- Participate in the development of individual behavioral approaches and behavioral tracking,
- Maintain direct and continuous supervision of individuals at the program site and on outings or medical appointments to ensure their safety and therapeutic well-being at all times,
- Provide program participants with supportive counseling, conflict resolution and problem solving assistance on an on-going basis and at times of crisis.
Cleanliness and Order
- Maintain the physical environment, grounds, and vehicles according to Search standards for cleanliness and order on a daily basis,
- Demonstrate knowledge of, and follow, established cleaning schedules at your assigned work site,
- Demonstrate knowledge and consistent usage of the proper cleaning products and materials for assigned cleaning tasks,
- Demonstrate respect for program materials and furnishings.
- Bachelor degree in a related field,
- At least one year experience working with people with intellectual/developmental disabilities,
- Must meet DHS requirements for QIDP in Illinois,
- Ability to lift/carry up to 44 lbs.,
- Ability to perform basic physical moves such as kneeling, reaching, crouching, bending, and twisting,
- Basic computer proficiencies,
- CPR and First Aid certification,
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.