Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Response Information
Get the Latest Information on Search's Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Response
The landscape concerning COVID-19 preventative measures is changing at a rapid pace. Search is keeping up to date on recommendations and guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Illinois Department of Public Health. Please check this web page for the latest updates to our COVID-19 response.
Based on the most recent guidance from these organizations, Search is taking the following actions to continue to ensure the health & safety of the individuals we serve and our employees as best we can:
- Effective March 17, 2020, all Search Adult Learning program sites are closed until further notice.
- All community integration activities have been suspended as of March 17, 2020.
- Visitors will not be allowed into our residences effective March 18, 2020. This action is meant to limit the number of people coming in and out of our homes each day and will help prevent the spread of COVID-19 should anyone contract the illness. Our intention is to lift these restrictions as soon as we can ensure it is safe to do so.
- Beginning immediately, all Search staff are required to perform a self-health screen before arriving on site for their shift.
- We are taking the additional step to perform temperature checks of individuals served at all Search residences. Temperature checks will be taken twice per day at 8 am and 3 pm. Staff are responsible for checking their own temperatures upon arrival for each shift.
- In order to limit the number of people coming in and out of our homes each day, and to prevent the spread of COVID-19 should anyone contract the illness, Search is enacting an “approved staff list” for each residence.
- Social distancing is the best action we can take at this time to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The nature of our work does not allow our operations to fully shift to remote or isolated work arrangements. Search is committed to distancing as much as possible. We are taking steps daily to spread out our workforce as much as possible.
View or download Current Notifications and Updates